Re: Add trend line to XY graph

Hi George

I am looking for a way to add a trend line, (like the Excel ones, linear, poly, log, etc.) to the xy graph. Is there *any* way to do this in Gnumeric? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am presenting the program to a class next week.

It is quite easy although apparentely undocumented :) (I couldn't find it in the Windows help file) Double click your graph. In the Customize Chart dialog: select from the object tree on the top left corner the Series you want to add the Trend Line to. Click on the "+ Add" button under it and from the drop list select the Trend Line model you want to adjust to your data (e.g. Linear)

Good luck with your presentation.

Regards,
Pedro