Re: Add trend line to XY graph

On 09/12/2007 08:19:22 AM, Pedro Lino wrote:

It is quite easy although apparentely undocumented :) (I
couldn't find
it in the Windows help file)
Double click your graph. In the Customize Chart dialog:
select from the
object tree on the top left corner the Series you want to
add the Trend
Line to. Click on the "+ Add" button under it and from the
drop list
select the Trend Line model you want to adjust to your
data (e.g. Linear)

Quick note: If you are transferring spreadsheets from M$ and the original already has a trend line, Gnumeric picks it up and runs with it. I can´t get OO or the high priced German spread to do the same.

I gave up windows several months ago and started with Xubuntu on a very old computer. Gnumeric fit in perfectly (with Abiword) and is still the only spreadsheet I will ever need.

My two current machines are: Dell desktop Ubuntu and an older Dell Latitude laptop Freespire; Puppy as a backup on both.

´Keep up the great work.

nero
________