Re: Issues with CLEAN Function or Copy/Paste as Value

On Mon, 14 May 2007 16:05:40 +0100
Nick Lamb <njl tlrmx org> wrote:

On Mon, 2007-05-14 at 11:01 -0400, Morten Welinder wrote:
But I don't know that it's a bug or something I'm doing wrong or

That's ok.  A non-trivial part of my bug reports also get closed with a
"that's not a bug" note.

Bugzilla is very intimidating for a non-programer

In that case the best thing to do is to put up a sample spreadsheet somewhere
and let us know what cell evaluates to what value and what you had expected
instead.  That way we can see the precise string that is getting handled wrong
by CLEAN.

In fact, it might be even better to put a small example of a document
you created with Composer, as well as the Gnumeric spreadsheet you made
using it. Morten's comments (that we need to know what you expected to
happen, and what you saw actually happen) still apply.

That way even if it's not actually a Gnumeric bug we might be able to
explain what's going wrong, to at least point you in the right
direction.

Nick.

I'm really not a total idiot but I sure sound like one here. I've
never put anything anywhere before and haven't got the foggiest
idea what to do or where to do it. If someone can point me in the
right direction?

Honey