Re: question about Gnumeric XML format

On Tue, 2005-20-09 at 23:51 +0200, Henry Proudhon wrote:
Ok thanks a lot, renaming as .gnumeric.gz then gnuzipping did the job.
For info, I found the 0-9 compression level in the preference dialog but
it doesn't seem to change smthg, I still get the binary file with 0 and
the filesize is the same whatever I choose. I'm running gnumeric 1.4.2

I just tried it with current cvs and setting the compression to 0 does
the job (if you first quit gnumeric after setting it to 0). I do recall
though a problem with that but I don't remember when it was fixed. If
you update to 1.6 as soon as it is released you should be able to write
ungzipped files if you so desire.

Andreas
--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences