question about Gnumeric XML format

Hi Everyone,

I'm now converted to Gnumeric, thanks for the good work.
I've a maybe stupid question.

I usually write my programs in Java. Thus I've started to use JWorkBook (from jfree.org) to export some Gnumeric spreadSheets and it work very well. JWorkBook produce pure XML files which I understand as the Gnumeric default format. The problem I have is when I open such a file with Gnumeric and re-save it, it is then a binary file and I cannot open it anymore with an XML viewer. I wanted to add some features to JWorkBook to fit my needs and it makes it difficult cause I do not know so much about the gnumeric format (so far).

Any advice or pointer will be appreciated, thanks

--Henry

--

Henry Proudhon
Postdoc Fellow