Re: question about Gnumeric XML format

On Tue, 2005-20-09 at 20:00 +0200, Henry Proudhon wrote:

I usually write my programs in Java. Thus I've started to use JWorkBook
(from jfree.org) to export some Gnumeric spreadSheets and it work very well.
JWorkBook produce pure XML files which I understand as the Gnumeric
default format. The problem I have is when I open such a file with
Gnumeric and re-save it, it is then a binary file and I cannot open it
anymore with an XML viewer.

Gnumeric's standard files type are gzipped xml files. You should be able
to disable the gzipping of the files by setting the compression of the
files to 0 in Gnumeric's preference dialog.

Andreas
--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences