Re: operations on (X,Y) series

Hi,

I would like to do various operations on (x_i,y_i) series in gnumeric,
e.g.:
- resampling, by simple interpolation or by integration, with a linear,
spline or staircase interpolant
- filtring by various methods
- smoothing by various methods
- fitting
- principal components
- Periodogram
- etc.

Do you want to implement that in sheets, in graphs, or both?
Both sheets and graphs have already more regressions than linear.

I thought in sheets.

OK, but I feel many of them would be nice in graphs too.

That is true, I did not think about that.
But at least, when they are in sheets, you can plot the result on
graphs.

There is one specific thing I would like to do in graphs.
It is a visual correlation tool for two XY series. With that tool, you
can stretch the X-scale of a serie to fit with another serie.
This tool is available in a free software called AnalySeries,
unfortunately only available on the Mac.

This might be possible with two x-axis. It might be possible to adjust
one of the axis scale (I mean automatically adjust, not by hand, of
course).

I am not sure we speak about the same thing.
I meant, strecting the X-axis by e.g. a linear by part transformation.

This software also do the various math operations on XY series I
described above. Its author (Didier Paillard) is a colleague/friend of
me, so we could collaborate with him.
For example, we could extract the math from AnalySeries into a library
and use it in this gnumeric plugin.

The code must be release under the GPL.

It is under the CeCill licence. It is compatible with the GNU-GPL.
More info here:
http://www.cecill.info/

Best regards,

                Frédéric