Re: operations on (X,Y) series

Le mardi 25 octobre 2005 à 11:01 +0200, Frederic Parrenin a écrit :
Dear gnumeric fans,

I would like to do various operations on (x_i,y_i) series in gnumeric,
e.g.:
- resampling, by simple interpolation or by integration, with a linear,
spline or staircase interpolant
- filtring by various methods
- smoothing by various methods
- fitting
- principal components
- Periodogram
- etc.

I searched in the gnumeric menus by the only things I found were linear
regressions and smoothings (by moving average and by exponentional).

Do you want to implement that in sheets, in graphs, or both?
Both sheets and graphs have already more regressions than linear.

Did I miss something?
(for example, a tool to resample would be really needed)

If not, I will try to write a plugin for gnumeric.
Is there a documentation on how to write a plugin for gnumeric?
In which languages is it possible to write a plugin? (is it possible in
python?)

Yes

Do you have suggestions for that?

I hopee we can collaborate on that. I'm interested by these features
too.

Cheers,
Jean