Need help please

Everytime I open Gnumeric I get the following error message:

Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crach. See http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/ for information. (Details - 1:IOR file '/tmp/gconfd-maureen/lock/ior' not opened successfully, no gconfd located: Permission denied 2:IOR file '/tmp/gconfd-maureen/lock/ior' not opened successfully, no gconfd located: Permission denied)

I went to the web page but it does not show how to fix this problem. I am not on a NFS mounted home directory. I only have Mandriva 10.2 Special Edition 2005 on my computer, no windows or anything else. nfslock is not activated and has never been so. I did lose power due to a bad storm but I was able to shut the machine down (have an ups) properly. It talks about Red Hat Linux 8.0 but doesn't explain how to fix the thing. I get the same message for Abiword and Gnometris. This is really a headache. Can someone tell me how to fix this? TIA

Maureen