Re: Does OpenBSD Have a Spreadsheet That Prints Properly?

On Tuesday 14 June 2005 10:39 pm, Jody Goldberg wrote:
On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 06:19:49PM -0500, Dave Feustel wrote:
On Tuesday 14 June 2005 05:07 pm, Adrian Custer wrote:
Hello again,

If you can't get gnumeric working on OpenBSD,

gnumeric works on OpenBSD,  The version that comes with 3.6
 just has a lot of bugs in the print-to-pdf  routines.

I can't imagine that the problem would be all that difficult to
diagnose and fix if you could get us some usable debug information.
It sounds like something in libgnomeprint or libgnomeprintui is
crashing with your setup.  That is unfortunate.  Get us a backtrace
and we can figure out where.  The problem is unlikely to be gnumeric
specific.  Can your print from evolution ? gedit ? abiword ?  They
all use the same print backend.

I am going to paper and pencil for my daily records since
gnumeric does not print well on OpenBSD.

We are a volunteer organization.  This sort of retoric

This is not rhetoric, this is what I am going to do, partly because
of limited funds and partly because of my need to figure some things
out immediately. I am now also thinking of using my HP 49 calculator,
or a newer version that runs faster and has more memory.

does little to encourage people to help with a problem that is very possibly
specific to your installation.

I am sure the problem is at least specific to OpenBSD and maybe to my
computer only.

You have yet to provide us with the two most basic elements of a bug
report.
     - what version of gnumeric and associated libraries are
       installed ?
     - a backtrace of a crash.

I don't have time to debug (Really!) It's easier for me to just go to pencil
and paper, as many of my fellow contractors are doing.