Re: Need help please

Maureen L Thomas wrote:

Everytime I open Gnumeric I get the following error message:

Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crach. See http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/ for information. (Details - 1:IOR file '/tmp/gconfd-maureen/lock/ior' not opened successfully, no gconfd located: Permission denied 2:IOR file '/tmp/gconfd-maureen/lock/ior' not opened successfully, no gconfd located: Permission denied)
Can you check the permissions on /tmp/gconfd-maureen? (ls -l or right click on the folder in Nautilus and select permissions)
It sounds like you're somehow missing write permissions there.
Either that, or you have some stale lock files there. If you do have write permission there, I'd log out of Gnome, then erase all files and directories there, and log back in to Gnome.

If these fail, I'd try reinstalling Gconf, but I don't know how to do this on RPM based systems.

Yours,

Uri David Akavia