Re: A newbie asks about printing labels

On Sun, 2005-02-27 at 10:11 -0500, Haines Brown wrote:
I'm told that gnumeric-->TeX is the conventional way of doing labels,
but I'm uncertain how to go about that. Can anyone point me to a
source of information or offer a little guidance?

Hi Haines,
           The simplest is to export your gnumeric data file to a csv then
use AbiWord to generate the mailing labels.

See:

http://www.abisource.com/help/en-US/howto/howtomailmerge.html

Cheers

Martin

Thanks, Martin. I would have guessed you could do the labels via
AbiWord, but I'd really prefer LaTeX for several reasons.

What is a "csv"?

Comma Separated Variables.

Your gnumeric file gets dumped to text with each cell separated by a
comma.

You could possibily hook up a little script to convert this into latex
with a "\pagebreak" between each row.

Cheers

Martin

Haines