Re: printing woes

FreeBSD 4.9 release
Gnumeric 1.2.5

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 13:28, Chris Dunn < wrote:
1. # signs where cell contents are not fitting within a column width.
The date is a good example, and this problem seems somewhat random.
'26-Sep-03' prints but '23-Sep-03' prints as # signs. The entries appear
OK in the spreadsheet display and the problem only occurs in "print
preview" and in printing. "print preview" is consistent with the
printout.

I get this also. It had never bothered me much as I do not print out
*.gnumeric spreadsheets.

2. Printed text is truncated at the boundary (boundary not printed) of a
column instead of continuing into the next (empty column). This too
seems arbitrary in that some text prints across the border, other text
doesn't.
I get this also. This happens on imported *.xls, even if I change to a
Linux native font. The *.xls are converted to *.gnumeric.