Re: Save as defaults

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 10:31:34AM +1000, frank brierley wrote:
Jody,

Here are three files that were developed using excel 97, opened with
gnumeric 1.2.5 and saved.  They were saved merely by pressing the save
tool bar button - not save-as.

The excel file 'bracing units.xls' may be corrupt as it was the first
file that encountered this problem.

The common theme seems to be cell and range naming.  All these sheets
access named ranges on other sheets within the same workbook.

Is it relevent that gnumeric saves to smaller files?

Thanks for getting these to me.  This was tricky.  The problem was
caused by the macros.  Version 1.2.2 or so added the ability to
round trip macros in an xls, and maintain the connection to
functions in the sheet.  We don't edit or display the macros
(although we can display their code) but we do save it.

Apparently we were not saving it well enough in situations where the
sheet names have been user defined.  Strangely the name is still
stored as the original when linked to the macros.

The patch will be in 1.2.6.  We can now load and save all of your
samples.

Best Wishes
    Jody