Re: was autogen and make

A few more questions:

Is the CVS gnumeric at anoncvs.gnome.org:/cvs/gnome version 1.3? How do you
tell?  The NEWS file starts with the line Gnumeric 1.3.0 so I have been assuming
that I am using 1.3.

Where does one get 1.2.11?

Since I am trying to get to the point where I can contribute to the project
should I be trying to compile 1.2.11 or 1.3 or does it matter?

Thanks for the patience, Bob

Quoting Jody Goldberg <jody gnome org>:

 You may still have trouble building 1.3.0, it depends on gtk-2.4.
I'm not sure what it's packaging status is.  Additionally be warned,
1.3.0 is a _development_ release.  It is not expected to be fully
functional or stable.  The latest stable release is 1.2.11