Re: was autogen and make

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 03:12:43PM -0600, Robert Jerrard wrote:
A few more questions:

Is the CVS gnumeric at anoncvs.gnome.org:/cvs/gnome version 1.3? How do you
tell?  The NEWS file starts with the line Gnumeric 1.3.0 so I have been assuming
that I am using 1.3.

CVS head is currently labelled 1.3.1 which has not been released
yet.

Where does one get 1.2.11?

it is on the gnumeric-1-2 branch
cvs co -r gnumeric-1-2 gnumeric

Since I am trying to get to the point where I can contribute to the project
should I be trying to compile 1.2.11 or 1.3 or does it matter?

head is the best place to be for development
1.2.x is where you want to be if you need to use the result on a
regular basis.