Re: More praise for Gnumeric

On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 02:50:03PM -0500, Jonathan wrote:
Hi:

  Just met with a friend who collaborates with researchers at Washington
University (here in the US). He relates that at a meeting they were pondering
how to do a certain statistical analysis. One of the researchers spoke up and
said "Oh that is easy in Gnumeric; do these steps ... ", and went on to tell
them how to solve the problem using Gnumeric. I thought that was a
particularly telling compliment.

Thanks for the feedback.

If possible I'd like to start getting more feedback from Gnumeric
users to evaluate the size of the user base.  In conversation we seem
to be popping up in all sorts of places, but things have been stable
enough that the bug reports aren't telling us much about the size of
the population.

Any one interested in a
    'Send Gnumeric a postcard'
campaign :-)