Re: Proposed UI changes in 1.3

On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 04:28:44PM +0100, Christian Neumair wrote:
Am Fr, den 07.11.2003 schrieb Wayne Schuller um 00:33:
hi Christian,

On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 06:06, Christian Neumair wrote:
Here is the list of what I plan to enforce for Gnumeric >1.2 when it
comes to UI:

- Unify Widget Naming Conventions
current situation: all kinds of notations used (e.g. "window56",
"button43")
objective: all widget's names should be some-function-widgettype (e.g.
"input-label", "input-entry", "ok-button", "scenario-dialog")

Are you talking about the libglade xml names?
Yes.

I didn't think these were user visible?
No, they aren't. But having a consistent and logical naming is a good
thing and helps us to avoid a lot of hazzle. It makes these files much
more readable.

Manny feel free to do the work, but in my eyes it pretty much a make
work project.  There are some advantages to only naming things that
are accessed by name.  It gives HIGification/glade editors a hint to
what's important and what's not.

If you decide to go ahead with this it will need to be done
atomicly.  With only widget name changes being made in single files.
Mixing any other sort of change in will make it next to impossible
to see where things went awry.