Re: new developer

On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 09:06:29 +1000, Charles R. Twardy wrote:
Thanks to all for the help. Last night JHM figured out that the problem is
that I'm on a PowerPC, and the debian builds of 1.1.16 have failed there
because of libgal.

In the meantime, Andreas' suggestions let me build HEAD from cvs (with cvs
of libgsf and cvs of gal). Is gal responsible for libgal2.0-1?

Yes. (Though the Debian source package is actually called "gal2" as we still
have a "gal" source package for the GNOME1 version)

If so, since I've built it on powerpc, what can I do to fix the debian
dists?

Fixed gal packages are already on their way into sid (see
http://bugs.debian.org/192180 and
http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?arch=&pkg=gal2) and the powerpc buildd
will probably retry gnumeric itself soon.

Ray
--
Tevens ben ik van mening dat Nederland overdekt dient te worden.