Re: Notes on Re: "Select All" Memory Bug?

On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 05:06:10PM +0100, Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:
this is my biggest usability gripe with Gnumeric.  it happens very
often when I want to select a range of data larger than can fit on the
screen.  if you try to do this using the mouse, it will suddenly shoot
off and start jumping 5000 rows at a time.  considering that the
spreadsheet often has no more than a hundred rows, this behaviour
seems silly :-)

The auto-scroll interval when moving the mouse outside the sheet is
variable depending on how far outside you move.  5000 rows is the
max, and only happens when you've moved quite far.  I've long been
tempted to make it smarter and to use time as well as distance in
the selection, but have not had time.

It would be fairly easy to add if anyone was interested.