Re: Notes on Re: "Select All" Memory Bug?

[Richard BUMBY]:

  This happens the other way, too.  I have been sent things
  extracted from Excel with extra row and columns ... but I do find
  myself overshooting the data when I use the scroll bar in a
  gnumeric worksheet.  The row numbers are suddenly large, although
  I don't think I have gotten as far as 16K.

this is my biggest usability gripe with Gnumeric.  it happens very
often when I want to select a range of data larger than can fit on the
screen.  if you try to do this using the mouse, it will suddenly shoot
off and start jumping 5000 rows at a time.  considering that the
spreadsheet often has no more than a hundred rows, this behaviour
seems silly :-)

the workaround is to use the keyboard, of course.

--
Kjetil T.                       |  read and make up your own mind