GNUmeric internship

Hi GNUmeric developpers,

I work for BNP Paribas (bank, 80000 employees worldwide) in the Equity
Derivative Research Team (Paris, France) where we write software and
assist equity derivative traders (worldwide). A lot of software in the
trading room use Microsoft Excel Visual Basic as a glue of various
components (including software we write) and as Rapid Application
Development platform.  This year we'd like to investgate the use of
free software alternative for this part of our business, we understand
that in the spreadsheet area GNUmeric and OpenCalc are the free
software players of interest. We already pay for support of
our GNU compiler toolchain (GNAT, ACT Europe since 1997), and we have
deployed over  the year a few hundreds Linux servers dedicated to the
trading room computation needs, so we're not new to the free software
world.

We'd like to take an intern (Paris, whenever possible this year, 3
to 6 monthes) to do the evaluation of GNUmeric and various plugins
(like the R one, graphics, ...) and glue technology (CORBA, python,
Mono, direct linking, etc...). The intern will be free to contribute
whatever is done to the various free software projects involved.

Feel free to contact me directly with a resume, and to forward this
email anywhere appropriate.

Sincerely,

--
Laurent Guerby <guerby acm org>