Gnumeric & graphing

Hi,

almost exactly a year ago I have posted a similar question -- how can you
produce advanced graphs using gnumeric?  Guppi works nice, but has a lot of
capabilities not used by gnumeric.  A year ago, Jody Goldberg wrote:

        "The current state of graphs provides the framework to build in,
        but barely scratches the surface of guppi's abilities.  More will
        be added shortly."

Has anything changed in that field?

Or, maybe, there is a way to bind gnuplot with gnumeric?  Or produce graphs
using R?  Generally, I would be happy with anything that would let me
produce a reasonable graph directly from gnumeric.

Best regards,

j.

"His philosophy was a mixture of three famous schools -- the Cynics, the
Stoics and the Epicureans -- and summed up all three of them in his famous
phrase, 'You can't trust any bugger further than you can throw him, and
there's nothing you can do about it, so let's have a drink.' "