Re: Problem in testing translation (gnumeric)

On Fri, 2003-08-15 at 14:51, Janne wrote:
Heh, cyrillic letters - cool!

I am the Swedish translator for Gnumeric, so I have a pretty easy time
to test it.

When starting gnumeric, I get the warning message:

** (gnumeric:9483): WARNING **: Probable mis-translation.
'_????????/????????...' : was not found. Does this match the
'_File/Preferen_ces...' menu exactly ?

When going into File -> Preferences (I had to start a Swedish-language
copy to find it), there are a bunch of "Schema missing" texts for most
items - this is due to my installation of gnumeric (tips on fixing it
would be appreciated).

The texts are extracted from the schema. Apparently gnumeric does not
find the schemas. You may want to configure gnumeric with the path to
the proper location of the schemas. For example on debian sid:

./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr
--with-gconf-schema-file-dir=/etc/gconf/schemas

The help texts are in English, however (and are
correctly in Swedish). The font tab is translated.

These texts do not come from the schemas.

Andreas