Re: building gnumeric in garnome

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 01:36:30PM -0500, Jody Goldberg wrote:

This seems to indicate that you've got bits of older attempts lying
around in your path confusing things.
    /usr/share/aclocal/audiofile.m4
    /usr/share/aclocal/esd.m4
    /usr/share/aclocal/pkg.m4
    /usr/share/aclocal/xml-i18n-tools.m4
I'll bet there are multiple copies of these files kicking around.
My guess would be that you want the versions garnome installed not
these.

I've upgraded my installed automake and aclocal in /usr/bin to version 1.5,
but I still get errors on these files.

I would guess that I want the ones in ~/garnome/share/aclocal to take
precedence, but I don't know how that's done...

"aclocal --print-ac-dir" results in /usr/share/aclocal, so I would guess that
that directory is consulted for files before the ones with the -I option.
What I want is the -I directoies to have precendence.

Doing a diff, the only file with any significant differences is the xml one.
I guess I could (temporarily) remove the others from ~/garnome/share/aclocal
and (again, temporarily) remove the xml* file from /usr/share/aclocal...

Maybe I'll try that later...

--
In light of the terrorist attack on the U.S.:
        They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary