Re: building gnumeric in garnome

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 01:43:51PM -0700, Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:
On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 12:03, Michael George wrote:
aclocal: configure.in: 331: macro `AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT' not found in library
aclocal: configure.in: 686: macro `AM_GCONF_SOURCE_2' not found in library

These are familiar warnings and are an indication that some paths are
wrong. (I get them too if I autogen, but not if I use vbs & modmake.sh
which is part of vbs and essentially sets a bunch of environment
variables. When modmake calls autogen, it succeeds.

Hmm, thinks that might matter:

export PATH=$HOME/bin:$HOME/garnome/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$HOME/garnome/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

export PATH=$PREFIX/INSTALL/bin:$PATH
export LD_RUN_PATH=$PREFIX/INSTALL/bin
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PREFIX/INSTALL/lib
export GUILE_LOAD_PATH=$PREFIX/INSTALL/share/guile

(note that $PREFIX/INSTALL is a link to $PREFIX in my setup)

You've got remarkable patience.  I have no idea why it is so
complicted on your system.  gnome2 on the whole should be much much
simpler to build than 1.4.

For my cvs based build script I set the following variables

set prefix=/local/gnome20/test
setenv PKG_CONFIG_PATH          ${prefix}/lib/pkgconfig
setenv ACLOCAL_FLAGS            "-I ${prefix}/share/aclocal"
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH          ${prefix}/lib   #:/usr/lib/debug

# bonus tweaks
setenv CC                       colorgcc
setenv CFLAGS                   "-g -Wall -O2"
set path=(${prefix}/bin $path)