Re: character is droped when gnumeric reads file

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 10:26:22PM -0500, Jody Goldberg wrote:
On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 12:29:26AM +0900, ichikawa wrote:
I want to report what may be bugs in gnumeric.
If character of decimal style (&#xxx;...) is multiple of 4096th bytes on xml,
Some character is droped when gnumeric reads file.
I was going to say that this is a known bug in libxml1, but the 4096
sounds too familiar to be sure.  That is the chunk size that we read
thing in with.

  I'm pessimistic, this might actually be a bug left in the old libxml1
parser.

If who can check this file, I will send it.
Please send me a copy and I'll have a look.
I hope it is a gnumeric bug so that it can be fixed.  If it turns
out to be a libxml1 bug we're toast.  The only recourse will be
rushing gnumeric-1.2 out to make the jump to libxml2.

  Send me a copy too, but I'm afraid it will end up being a libxml1
bug, the entity parsing routine might lack an input lookup call
is what I would deduce from your excellent bug report :-(

  Jody, it could be a good idea to see if the libxml2.2.xx backported
parser I added nearly 2 years ago to libxml1 would fix this, something like
   tmp = xmlUseNewParser(1);
   /* parse the XML data */
   xmlUseNewParser(tmp);

Daniel