Re: character is droped when gnumeric reads file

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 12:29:26AM +0900, ichikawa wrote:
My name is Tadaharu Ichikawa, Japanese, live in Japan.
Hello there.  Would you be interested in helping us test the
development verison with japanese characters and input methods ?

I want to report what may be bugs in gnumeric.
If character of decimal style (&#xxx;...) is multiple of 4096th bytes on xml,
Some character is droped when gnumeric reads file.
I was going to say that this is a known bug in libxml1, but the 4096
sounds too familiar to be sure.  That is the chunk size that we read
thing in with.

If who can check this file, I will send it.
Please send me a copy and I'll have a look.
I hope it is a gnumeric bug so that it can be fixed.  If it turns
out to be a libxml1 bug we're toast.  The only recourse will be
rushing gnumeric-1.2 out to make the jump to libxml2.