Re: building libs enroute to latest gnumeric

On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 02:14:37PM -0500, Jody Goldberg wrote:

If you use garnome-0.18.x you're playing in gnome-2.2 land be wary.
Using a mix of 2.0 and 2.2 will get tricky.  Some thing like gedit
will want gnome-print head, while gnumeric doesn't.  You're best bet
would be garnome 0.17.x with custom libgsf and gnumeric.

If you go with cvs for the gnome-print be sure to use the
gnome-2-0 branches.  HEAD has some big changes.

eg
    cvs co -r gnome-2-0 libgnomeprint

Oh, I forgot that I took your recommendation and I *am* running 0.17.  You'd
said that that with the libgsf library would be good for testing gnumeric
1.11...

I'll refetch the libgnomeprint* files...

When building from cvs you run 'autogen.sh' rather than configure.
It has exactly the same calling conventions and environment, but
handles the generation of the config scripts.

You'll need to do the same thing with any module you pull from cvs.

Good to know, thanks!  I'll see if I can get to that tomorrow...

--
In light of the terrorist attack on the U.S.:
        They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary