Re: "Serious cell error"

On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 01:12:33PM -0500, Allin Cottrell wrote:
I recently decided to revert my system to "latest stable" gtk-2.0 and
gnome 2.0.2, backing out some updates that went beyond that status.
This required re-compiling various things including gnumeric.  Now
most things are working fine, but I've got a mystery problem with
gnumeric 1.1.11-bonobo.

If I select a range of cells and do Format Cells/Numeric, most of the
data in the cells disappears and I get messages on stderr like

** (gnumeric:15126): WARNING **: Serious cell error at 'B3'.

Any ideas on which library is likely to be responsible for this?

1.1.11 had some work done on just in time rendering.  That message
indicates that something went amiss with the rendering.  I can't
replicate it with the current CVS so it must have been fixed.  There
will be a 1.1.12 release on Thursday.

Just in case, please file a bug with the exact steps to replicate
the warnings.

Thanks