gnumeric and bonobo

I've seen it's possible to embed bonobo "embeddable" components inside
gnumeric. I was wondering if it was possible to make a component that
exported a grid of constantly-updating numeric data, and plug that data
into a spreadsheet.

I think that this would be useful in situations where a piece of
hardware is giving live numeric information to a computer that needs
processing and putting into graphical form - the backbone is already
here in the form of gnumeric, all that's needed is an app to interface
with the hardware and hand the data to gnumeric.

Another example would be live (eg stock market?) data from the internet.

Hmmm. Well, _I_ think it would be cool anyway.

--
Andrew Sobala