Re: gnumeric and bonobo

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 07:56:07PM +0100, Andrew Sobala wrote:
I've seen it's possible to embed bonobo "embeddable" components inside
gnumeric. I was wondering if it was possible to make a component that
exported a grid of constantly-updating numeric data, and plug that data
into a spreadsheet.
not really.  Bonobo is more focused on presentation.

However, the notion of a realtime data feed is near and dear to my
heart.  In the development tree there is now a sample of how to
write just such a thing.  It takes its input from a named pipe, but
could just as easily pull data from elsewhere.