Re: [office_standards] Re: MS Excel's 1904 Date convention

On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 08:23:35PM +0200, Niklas Nebel wrote:
In the OOo file format, we store date values in ISO 8601 format, like
"2002-07-19". But of course we still need to store the null date
setting, to support date calculations with non-date values.

The question is not how to store but how do you interpret in the
first place.  When you import a cell with the value '35600' but no
obvious date format.  How do you know that it is a date ?  When it
gets fed into a function that expects dates you need to map that
value to a date.