Re: move and paste behaviour

On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 02:45:16AM +0100, Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:
If you have specified all cells in a column to have vertical lines,
the cell left behind should have that property after moving the cell
elsewhere.  If the background is set to light gray on that column, and
the moved cell had red background, the empty cell should revert to
gray, not white.

This is exactly what will happen once we enable special handling of
formatting for full cols/rows.  As things stand now there is no
notion of 'this columns format'.  Our data structures are better
than XL in this.  However, it is a common enough idiom that we'll
add support for them, and when that happens this behavior will fall
out in the wash.

Yes, but it's still annoying and awkward.  Before, the user could
easily change C-v to be Paste Special instead of Paste, but this was
removed due to some Bonobo interactions, IIRC.  That feature is
you can edit the bonobo description file to change the accelerator
assignments.  I'd really like to see some development of a true user
configurable menu toolbar system with an editor during the 2.1
development cycle.  We'll see if there is time.