Installing gnumeric1.0.1

I am trying to install gnumeric1.0.1 and running RedHat release 7.1.
I am having difficulty in installing some of the required packages in
sufficiently recent versions.
                I have updated glib, gtk+, gnome-libs, and gnome-xml
without (apparent) problems, but encounter difficulties
 with libglade, gal, gnome-print, and libole2.

For example, when I "make install"   libole2-0.2.4
the output contains the lines
  --Installing ./html/index.sgml
/usr/bin/install:cannot stat `./html/index.sgml': No such file or directory
  --Fixing Crossreferences
      /bin/sh:gtkdoc-fixxref: command not found

The rest of the install output seems OK.
Any help would be appreciated, and if this is not an appropriate matter for this list I'll desist from "wasting bandwidth".

                                                Frank Sullivan