Re: Plug-in linking

On Sat, 2002-01-05 at 05:00:13, Nick Lamb wrote:

(...)
All my problems went away through judicious use of "static" and renaming
of names.

Using "static" won't help if your plugin is split into several files (you
need to access functions from other files somehow).
I think we should control which symbols are exported into *.so file like
GTK+ does. The attached patch demonstrates this.

PS Potential bug: If a plug-in is removed from the plug-in directory, and
later returns, Gnumeric disables it, no matter what setting there is for
"activate new plug-ins by default". That doesn't seem right to me.

I'll check it out.

Zbigniew