Re: <citation>?

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 05:48:59PM -0600, Kevin Breit wrote:
Hey,
     I was working with the chapter-getting-started.xml file.  I noticed
that it has some places where it says:

<citation>Miguel, Canty, Likin 1.1.1</citation>

I didn't know you really cited people in a manual.  Personally, I think
it distracts from the content.  What do you think?  Pull or leave?

Remember that the manual was created back in the age of legends.  It
seems likely that the semantics of that tag have either changed or
where not known when that was written.  Feel free to change it.

I appreciate the compliment Jody, but I introduced the citation tag there.
It was to give credit the the original authors because the paragraphs were
copied verbatim.  This was before the GDP worked out the revision history
for the titlepages.  Therefore they should be taken out because Miguel,
Canty, and Likin should be given credit for the 1.0 version of the gnumeric
manual.  Obviously the current gnumeric documentors have created the 2.0
version of the gnumeric manual since gnumeric 1.0.0 was released.

Drake