Re: File/Import...

On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 12:47:57PM -0500, Jody Goldberg wrote:
I'd rather not the change was quite deliberate after many many bug
reports complaining of misunderstandings as to what was import and
what was open.

[and then...]
The real goal should be to somehow note that the format is text, but
that it does not correspond to the default settings.  That way we
can bring up the jumbo config dialog.

How about File/Import Text... ?

I think that makes it relatively clear that this is NOT the way to load
Excel files, and we could still let users import common formats (in
particular CSV and CSV labelled as XLS) through the normal Open... route
without accidentally offering them a complex import dialog.

Just a suggestion, think of it as a fall back if a smart text importer
turns out not to be smart enough after all.

Nick.