File/Import...

Could I put in a plea to reinstate this menu entry, for handling
text/csv and so on?  It's there in 1.0.11 but not in 1.1.12.

To my mind, it's a bit awkward to use a generic File/Open menu item,
and then have to remember to pull down the file format menu in the
file open dialog to get "import" rather than straight "open" behavior.

The default in the file open dialog in 1.1.12 is "automatically
detected", but that does not work well.  For instance if I open a
plain text, space delimited file without manually selecting "Text
import" it gets imported as a "blob" with no column divisions.

Allin Cottrell.