Re: PlanPerfect Import?

On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 09:39:22 +0200, Marc Petitmermet wrote:
I was searching the Internet for some converter or program that can import
PlanPerfect files. I found several hints to Gnummeric. So I installed SuSE
Linux 8.0 with Gnummeric. But when importing the PlanPerfect files, I get
the error message that plan_perfect.la is missing.

The last changelog entry regarding PlanPerfect appears to be this one:

2002-04-12  Jon K Hellan  <hellan acm org>

        * plugins/Makefile.am (SUBDIRS_FILE_FORMATS): Plan Perfect plugin
          got installed, but not built. Don't do either.

which was made shortly before the 1.0.6 release.

Can anybody tell me what happened to this plug-in?

It is still present in the CVS tree (use the GNOME_1_4 tag), but not in
current release tarballs, so presumably one can build gnumeric with this
plugin by using the CVS sources and doing a bit of hacking.

HTH,
Ray
--
Gartner Group ?!?       Never heard of them. What did they do in computing
except manage to put on their tie without accidentaly killing themselves ?!?