Re: Upcoming gnumeric release

On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 04:09:07PM -0400, Allin Cottrell wrote:
On Mon, 1 Oct 2001, Jody Goldberg wrote:

I had hoped to release 0.71 last weekend but I'd like to do a bit
more work on the graph guru before it hits the distributions.  If
you like riding the leading edge now would be a good time to start
testing the next release.

I'd be happy to, but which guppi files do we need?  Guppi-0.35.5
doesn't want to enable gnumeric support 'cos its configure is looking
for gnumeric-graphs.idl, while CVS gnumeric 0.71 installs
GNOME_Gnumeric_Graph.idl instead.

Graphing requires guppi from CVS and gnumeric from CVS.
It is still under heavy development as we work out the kinks.

1) configure a bonobo enabled Gnumeric
2) build everything as usual
3) Make sure to do a make install that visits the Gnumeric/idl
   directory.

4) configure CVS HEAD guppi3 with the flag --enable-gnumeric
   I also recommend --disable-static

5) make and install all of guppi3

You should be good to go.  As of today scatters are working nicely,
pies are missing legends, and bars/cols are disabled.  The graph
guru is now functional for type selection and displaying the data
assignments.  I'll enable changing the data shortly.  XML
import/export is functional.  Although we do loose some of the
formating (eg manually rotated pies).  XL import is also functional
although we ignore lots of features.

Good Luck
    Jody