Re: Gnumeric file went south.

Zbigniew Chyla wrote:

On Wed, 2001-06-13 at 15:11:15, Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:

Rather than a prefix why don't you use a postfix along the lines of myfile.gnumeric~

It doesn't matter much, the file will be renamed in a few milliseconds :-)

Unless something fails...
We all know that there really aren't any core files on any machine  ;-)

If the whole point is to protect against failures then it should be assumed that those failures may happen in which case some files may occasionally remain. Backup programs shouldn't back-up those error files and therefore a standard indicator should be used. (Of course .#myfile.gnumeric# would be another possibility but I prefer visible files.)

Andreas

--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow Chair of Science
Concordia University College of Alberta