Python check

How's the Pyhton check considered to work?  If I've Pyhton installed the
plugin is build even if I try something like --without-python or
--with-python=no.

I'd like to see an option to disable to build certain plugins.

Background: It's needed to link the python plugin against libdb (-ldb)
-- but for strange reasons this doesn't work at the moment on my SuSE
Linux 7.1 system.  It works for gnome-libs, though...

--
work : ke suse de                          |                   ,__o
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |                 _-\_<,