Re: Post-loading bug (fixed?)

On Sat, Dec 29, 2001 at 08:05:32PM -0800, Mel Seder wrote:

I'm starting to use gnumeric (version .67) more and
more often.  Last time I had any use for a spreadsheet
was 10 years ago. I am told to set an environment
variable called "GNUMERIC_ENABLE_XL_OVERWRITE".  The
error message did not say how to set it or what to set
it to.  Can someone please point me in the right
direction or instruct me how to be able to re-write a
sheet after making a change.

That variable was necessary in old versions of gnumeric to make sure
that users to not overwrite existing XL files.  For newer versions
of gnumeric our export mechanism has seen enough testing that we've
disabled that test.  The current releas is 0.99.1, with 1.0 due out
(hopefully) tommorow.  If upgrading is difficult just save the file
with a different name and things will work.