Re: Post-loading bug (fixed?)

I'm new at "lists" so if I am not using them the right
way please flame me :-)

I'm starting to use gnumeric (version .67) more and
more often.  Last time I had any use for a spreadsheet
was 10 years ago. I am told to set an environment
variable called "GNUMERIC_ENABLE_XL_OVERWRITE".  The
error message did not say how to set it or what to set
it to.  Can someone please point me in the right
direction or instruct me how to be able to re-write a
sheet after making a change.

--- Nick Lamb <njl98r ecs soton ac uk> wrote:
Just noticed that my copy of Gnumeric 0.99.0 doesn't
automatically recalculate
cells for which it doesn't have a current value
after loading, nor does it
overwrite adjacent cells for wide text.

So to see on screen the "real" state of the sheet I
have to tweak the width
of a column (any column) slightly, and hit F9 to
recalculate. Obviously we
can't make users do that in 1.0

Presumably this is just a housekeeping function call
missed somewhere in the
core plug-in code  (I see it with 123 and Excel
files)

Is this fixed in 0.99.1 or should I file a bug?

Nick.

=====
--- Don't go where the path leads.  Rather go where there is no path and leave a trail.   Author unknown

--- Don't get mad,  get Linux !