Re: why no one anwsers my question?

[Almer S. Tigelaar]

  > >   Well actually in versions other than CVS you would actually
  > >   lose the formula you had typed. Recently this was changed to
  > >   pop-up an error dialog just like Excel.
  >
  > I can't reproduce this behaviour at all.  I'm not quite up-to-date on
  > CVS, though.  Still at 0.67...

  With 0.67 the old (wrong) behaviour should be present. Just type an
  expression a cell with syntax errors without pressing return

Oh!  I typed return when testing.  Silly me.

  and try to close the workbook or switch the notebook page in case
  you have multiple sheets. The expression will magically
  dissappear.

Hmm, especially switching notebook page mid-formula could easily
happen.

  The new behaviour, which pops up a dialog, is only available in
  CVS and will be in the next (0.69) release.

Ideally, Gnumeric should keep the current input for each sheet, so
that it was readily available when switching back.  This state could
be saved to file, too.

Kjetil T.