Re: Another quick question

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 01:57:53PM -0700, Rory D. Hudson wrote:
Ok,

I appreciate the help, I can now save over existing excel files!!  The
only other question I have is that when I go to save over an existing
file it says that I do not have permission to write to the existing
file.  So I have to login as root and do a chmod 777 on the file.  I
would really like to be able to avoid doing this every time I need to
save over a file.  Any suggestions?  Thanks again for the help and keep
up the good work

I'm betting you are mounting a dos partition ?  The default owner of
files on such a partition is 0,0 (root root).  Edit the file
/etc/fstab (as root) and make it look like somethin
    /dev/hda1 /win2k vfat    uid=100,gid=100,rw 0 2

Running the 'id' command as yourself will give you the desired uid,
and gid to use.

Good Luck