Re: Turning off filters.

On Tue, Oct 31, 2000 at 12:39:27PM +0000, Kenneth MacDonald wrote:
Aha.  That makes sense!  Is it worth my while digging into source to
see if I can implement the "Data->Filter->"_Show All" item and add
"_Advanced Filter..." to do what Gnumeric's current Data->Filter menu
item does?  Or it this a five minute job for somebody who knows the
code already?

I'm unfamiliar with the Data->Filter menu.  Anything you can
contribute would be helpful.  Something as simple as adding menu
entries and some documentation of what this is supposed to do would
be helpful.  Of course a full implementation would also be great :-)

It certainly does.  It also means my sheet ends up being 64k rows high
and IV columns wide :) Also, the hiding/unhiding seems to confuse the
vertical scrollbar horribly.  I can give instructions on how to see
this buggy behaviour if it's not obvious.
Please submit a bug for this.  The scrollbar sizing code needs to be
revamped at some point to measure things in pixels rather than
rows/cols, we can clean this then.

Another thing I discovered Excel does to unhide rows is that you can
drag down the row below it to reveal the hidden row above.  It seems
very sensitive to the exact drag point, but it seems one pixel lower
than you would do to heighten the visible row above.  Just something
that's not obvious, but some Excel users told me to try.
Hmm, should not be difficult to support.  This would be an
interesting project for someone.