Re: Financial library

Phillip J Shelton writes:
Woud also having the date functions in this library be a good thing?

On the face of it, that's not a bad idea.  However, the gnumeric
people to some extent have already had their date representation and
functions decided for them (by the desire for Excel combatability),
whereas we are free to do whatever we want in regards to
representation, and we have some rather complex goals which will
probably *require* a more complex representation.

In summary, I'm certainly not opposed, but I don't know whether it's
we have a natural match of requirements like we do for financial
functions.

Robert Merkel                              rgmerk mira net

"We are excited and optimistic about its usage going
forward and, yes, we can teach penguins the military
close-order drill", Mark Norton, US Department of Defense.