Re: Table of Content plugin preview

On 2 May 2013 22:31, Aurimas Černius <aurisc4 gmail com> wrote:
hi,

> Again, just closed Gnote, downloaded tableofcontent-0.8.4-0.9, pasted
> it on
> ~/.config/gnote/addins/ and then restarted Gnote; but I can't find the
> addin in the
> Add-ins tab of 'Preferences'.
>

> Any hint or idea?

As said in previous mails, add-in binary must be compatible with Gnote
binary in order to work. Since you are using Gnote from repositories and
add-in from elsewhere, it's not guaranteed to work.

This pretty much fails the concept of add-in, then.

I understand that,
the gnote add-in system comes from the tomboy straight port. That the mono/.NET platform makes it easy to have loadable external modules (add-ins, as .dll files). But the C++ platform works differently. It would require more work to make gnote able to load external modules (add-ins, as .so files) compiled elsewhere. Do I get it right?

Luc